Announcing our 2022 scholarship winners!
Today we announce the winners of our 2022 scholarships:
- BWPA Flying Start Scholarships, one sponsored by SkyDemon: Roz Tappenden, Rachel Broxton, Angela Donnelly, Amelia Richardson, Lily Ayres.
- BWPA Flying High Scholarships, one sponsored by SkyDemon: Clare Tector, Julia Robson, Steph Robertson, Sarah Platt.
- BWPA Oriana Pepper Scholarship: Sophia Cass.
- BWPA Easy PPL Ground School Scholarships: Alice Chant, Maya Komolafe.
- BWPA 624squadron.com Scholarship: Laura McCann.
- BWPA CATS Aviation Training Scholarships: Sehar Bhatti, Lucy Wooton.
- BWPA Bristol Groundschool ATPL Scholarships: Steph Smith, Adele Dobler.
- BWPA Flight Deck Wingman Scholarships: Pernia Zeb, Lara Greggs, Emmaline Hayward.
- BWPA Wings Alliance Scholarship: Olivia Brookes.
- BWPA Helicentre Aviation CPL(H) Scholarship: Mia Myers.
Visit the scholarship winners page to read about our winners and their aviation aspirations, and hear in their own words what the scholarships mean to them.
“This year’s scholarship candidates have once again been impressive,” says BWPA Chairwoman Sharon Nicholson. “The winners are all outstanding individuals who have already given a great deal to aviation, including inspiring other women to consider flying as a hobby or career. We hope these scholarships will support them in achieving their ambitions whilst continuing to inspire others and I look forward to seeing their journeys progress,” she adds.
Women from across the UK applied for the scholarships by submitting information on their current aviation experience, what they enjoy most about flying, why they believe they deserve the scholarship and how they would use it if successful. Applications were anonymised before being shortlisted by a panel of judges who determined which of the candidates showed the most promise for their future flying. These awards will help scholarship winners in various ways, including gaining their first qualifications, starting their training to become commercial pilots, or assisting them in taking part in competition flights. We hope to be able to offer as many, if not more, scholarships in 2023.
The BWPA offers scholarships every year to support women in the UK in achieving their flying dreams, underlying our key aim to promote their training and employment within the sector. A proportion of the Association’s membership fees is used to fund scholarships. The BWPA also actively works with partner organisations to extend what we are able to offer, and so help to raise awareness and aspirations. We would like to thank SkyDemon, the family of Oriana Pepper, Easy PPL, 624squadron.com, CATS, Bristol Groundschool, Flight Deck Wingman, Wings Alliance, and Helicentre Aviation for their support this year.