2020 Scholarships launched today
We encourage any eligible member to apply for one or more of our scholarships, especially if you have applied before and been unsuccessful. If your name was second on the list last year it could well be top of the list this year. In addition, in celebration of our 65th anniversary, we have event more scholarships than in the last few years, and have doubled our sole-funded scholarships.
The ten scholarships available this year are:
- Two BWPA Flying Start Scholarships for new, inexperienced pilots to gain their first qualifications.
- Two BWPA Flying High Scholarships for licensed pilots who wish to gain further qualifications.
- One BWPA CATS CPL/ATPL Scholarship for the full value of the CATS Aviation Training, Luton groundschool CPL/ATPL (A or H) course.
- Two BWPA Bristol Groundschool ATPL Scholarships, each for half the value of the Bristol Groundschool ATPL (A or H) course.
- One BWPA Wings Alliance Scholarship for the full value of a Wings Alliance Airline Pilot Assessment.
- Two BWPA easyPPL Groundschool Scholarships, each for the full value of an easyPPL groundschool course.
“Please share these scholarships far and wide,” says BWPA Chair Sharon Nicholson. “Remember to send the information to your flying club, your friends, daughters and nieces so that no one misses this opportunity. We are particularly keen to encourage women with little or no experience of flying, through our easyPPL and Flying Start Scholarships.”
“If inspiration is needed then read about the stories of our previous scholarship winners, including committee member Sue Tuddenham who was a winner in 2006, 2007 and in 2017, and now helps us administer our scholarships.”
Good luck to all applicants – we wish you a fabulous year of flying in 2020!