Applications now open!
Applications for scholarships and taster flights close on Monday 6 May 2019. Winners will be notified in time for the 2019 summer flying season. Applicants may apply for more than one scholarship, provided they satisfy the relevant criteria for each application.
All those awarded BWPA 2019 Scholarships will be invited to join us for the awards presentation and Christmas lunch in December 2019.
We encourage all current and potential women pilots to consider joining the BWPA (if not already a member) and applying for a scholarship; joining the BWPA directly supports our scholarship and outreach programmes now and into the future. BWPA membership is not restricted to UK citizens or residents.
BWPA Flying Start Scholarship 2019
BWPA Flying High Scholarship 2019
BWPA CATS CPL ATPL Scholarship 2019
BWPA Bristol Groundschool Scholarship 2019
BWPA EasyPPL Groundschool Scholarship 2019
BWPA Taster Flights Aviatrix 2019
BWPA Taster Flights 2019
Total UK Taster Flights 2019
The seven scholarships available this year are:
- BWPA Flying Start (£1000) for new, inexperienced pilots to gain their first qualifications.
- BWPA Flying High (£1000) for licensed pilots who wish to gain further qualifications, take part in significant competitions, or undertake other suitable activities to help them further their personal flying aims.Both these scholarships are available for any type of flying, from ballooning through microlights to helicopters, and all points between.
- BWPA CATS CPL/ATPL Scholarship for the full value of the CATS Aviation Training, Luton ground school CPL/ATPL (A or H) course.
- Two BWPA Bristol Groundschool ATPL Scholarships, each for half the value of the Bristol Groundschool ATPL (A or H) course
For these scholarships, applicants must have at least a PPL(A) or (H) and be capable of obtaining a Class 1 medical. Further details of what is included and qualifying criteria will be included in the application forms when they become available. Applicants who have already started their studies are not eligible for these ground school scholarships.
- Two BWPA Easy PPL Ground School Scholarships for new and inexperienced pilots towards gaining their PPL(A) ground school qualifications.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must have fewer than 10 hours total logged flying time towards gaining their PPL(A). Applicants must not have attempted any of the CAA Theoretical Knowledge exams, and must be at least 16.
Applications for all scholarships are by email, with the forms becoming available for download from this webpage on 15 March. Scholarships are only open to those who are BWPA members (full or associate) at the time of application and on the closing date (6 May 2019).
The scholarship selection panels will comprise BWPA members plus representatives from other relevant flying organisations.
In addition, we are offering 12 ‘taster flights’ from Old Buckenham Airfield, Norfolk. Six will be for women over the age of 16 years; and six will be administered through The Aviatrix Project for young people aged 14–17.
Six further ‘taster flights’ for women aged 16-25 years are sponsored by Total UK; these will be in a Pitts S2-A fully aerobatic aircraft at White Waltham airfield.