The seven scholarships available this year were:
- BWPA Flying Start (£1000) for new, inexperienced pilots to gain their first qualifications.
- BWPA Flying High (£1000) for licensed pilots who wish to gain further qualifications, take part in significant competitions, or undertake other suitable activities to help them further their personal flying aims.Both these scholarships are available for any type of flying, from ballooning through microlights to helicopters, and all points between.
- BWPA CATS CPL/ATPL Scholarship for the full value of the CATS Aviation Training, Luton ground school CPL/ATPL (A or H) course.
- Two BWPA Bristol Groundschool ATPL Scholarships, each for half the value of the Bristol Groundschool ATPL (A or H) course
- Two BWPA Easy PPL Ground School Scholarships for new and inexperienced pilots towards gaining their PPL(A) ground school qualifications.
In addition, we offered 12 ‘taster flights’ from Old Buckenham Airfield, Norfolk. Six were for women over the age of 16 years; and six were administered through The Aviatrix Project for young people aged 14–17.
Six further ‘taster flights’ for women aged 16-25 years were sponsored by Total UK; these will be in a Pitts S2-A fully aerobatic aircraft at White Waltham airfield.