Help the BWPA drive forward its new strategic objectives
Are you passionate about supporting women in aviation and have time to spare and skills to share to help the BWPA develop? If so, we need you!
As we head towards our 70th anniversary in 2025, the Committee has been working to develop a focussed strategy to help us achieve our aims.
But this cannot be accomplished without your help. We are calling on our members to volunteer their skills. Volunteering with the BWPA is a great way to give back to your Association, develop and share your talents, and get to know and support other women in aviation.
Along with general research and creative thinking, we would love to hear from members with skills and/or experience in the following areas:
- Survey development;
- Statistical analysis;
- Marketing and communications – including writing, editing, social media, photography and video production; and
- Content management systems – designing, building and maintaining parts of our website.
These will be used to help us achieve our six strategic objectives:
- Achieve 90% annual membership retention.
- Develop a heritage plan that will safeguard our history and ensure the accessibility of the archive.
- Establish an education area on the website that provides training resources for our members.
- Organise at least one face-to-face education event per year and one digital education event per month.
- Provide a platform where BWPA volunteer opportunities are advertised and members interested in helping can put themselves forward to get involved.
- Double revenue compared to 2020.
If you are interested in being involved with any of these objectives but are not sure you have the specific skills listed above, we are still keen to hear from you! Being keen to help us achieve these objectives is just as important – we can either help you learn, or you can help with brainstorming and higher-level support.
Get in touch with a brief summary of your skills and, if you have a preference, the objective you are particularly interested in supporting, by 14 February. If you have any questions, please drop us a line.
We look forward to hearing from you!