This year, we are pleased to be able to award one BWPA Wings Alliance Scholarship to a female pilot.
The scholarship covers the full cost of a Wings Alliance Airline Pilot Assessment, at £295.
All applicants must be full or associate members of the BWPA. Applications are not restricted to UK citizens or residents. The BWPA is an inclusive organisation; we welcome applications from any woman. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have the right to live and work in the EU or the UK.
- Know of no reason that they will not be able pass a criminal record check and so be able to hold an airport security pass.
- Be able to swim for at least 25 metres unaided.
- Know of no reason that they will not be able to pass a Class 1 medical examination.
- Meet the minimum educational criteria (minimum of five passes at GCSE grade 4 or better, including English and maths, or equivalent high school qualification).
- Able to achieve ICAO Aviation English Language proficiency at level 4+.
By applying, you are confirming that you comply with these conditions.
To apply, please read our scholarship terms and conditions and complete the form below before 17:00 on Thursday 26 May 2022.
The selection panel will include a Wings Alliance representative. The panel may contact you with further questions and may request an interview (which would be via Zoom), and will contact your named supporter if you are shortlisted.
Award winners will have the opportunity to be formally congratulated at our Christmas Lunch and Awards ceremony in December 2022, at a date and venue yet to be decided.
The BWPA and Wings Alliance reserve the right to make no award if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you are unable to complete the application online, please email us.
Please note that the numbers given beneath the text boxes in the application form below refer to the maximum number of characters permitted.