This year, we are pleased to be able to award up to two BWPA Helicentre Aviation Scholarships to female pilots.
Each scholarship covers £10,000 towards the total cost of the Integrated CPL (H) course with Helicentre Aviation Ltd. The scholarship is suitable for ab initio students, although it may also be awarded to a candidate who already has a PPL (H) and who will benefit from the extra hours available for further or more advanced training. ATPL (A) holders considering a move into the commercial helicopter industry may also benefit from this scholarship. Helicentre Aviation Ltd provide job placement assistance on completion of the course. Applications are not restricted to UK citizens or residents.
The following are additional conditions for applying for this scholarship:
- Must be aged 18 or over.
- Must be available to train full-time at Leicester starting September 2022 or January 2023.
- Must be able to obtain a Class 1 medical certificate at least 28 days before the start date.
- Must pass pilot selection prior to starting the course and receiving the scholarship (assessments and two hours flight training, chargeable at a subsidised rate of £600).
- Must be able to finance the remainder of the course fee (£61,700 inc VAT after scholarship) 28 days prior to start date.
- Must be able to support their own living costs local to Leicester Airport for 12 months from the start date.
- Must have the unrestricted right to live, study and work in the UK.
By applying, you are confirming that you comply with these conditions.
All applicants must be either full or associate members of the BWPA. The BWPA is an inclusive organisation; we welcome applications from any woman.
To apply, please read our scholarship terms and conditions and complete the form below before 17:00 on Thursday 26 May 2022.
The selection panel will include a Helicentre Aviation Ltd representative. The panel may contact you with further questions and may request an interview (which would be via Zoom), and will contact your named supporter if you are shortlisted.
Scholarship winners will have the opportunity to be formally congratulated at our Christmas Lunch and Awards ceremony in December 2022, at a date and venue yet to be decided.
The BWPA and Helicentre Aviation Ltd reserve the right to make no award if no suitable candidates are identified.
If you have any questions or are unable to complete the application online, please email us.
Please note that the numbers given beneath the text boxes in the application form below refer to the maximum number of characters permitted.